More Recent Comments

Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Newsgroups, Blogs, Twitter, Facebook, and Google+

Blogging is fun. I love it when a serious discussion breaks out in the comments. Sometimes I love it even when the discussion is not serious.

Back in the olden days I used to love the newsgroups, especially talk.origins but I don't read it much any more. (Don't worry, I won't shut off the talk.origins server.)

Lately I've been spending more time on Twitter, Facebook and Google+ to see if there's anything there worth reading. It seems to be a mixed bag. The ratio of interesting vs non-interesting stuff seems to be a problem.

Perhaps that's just because I'm not following the right people?

Let me know if you find something worthwhile. My Twitter account is @larryon sandwalk, you can reach me on Facebook at Laurence A. Moran, and on Google+ I'm Laurence A. "Larry" Moran.


2 comments :

Anonymous said...

I find it really hard to filter out the noise in the different social mediums. Reading blogs in RSS is probably the best quality/quantity.

I love twitter though but by just following 60ppl (61 now...) is frustrating since I want to read all posts, which is impossible.

john harshman said...

Apparently Darwin doesn't like you taking pictures, because it appears to be down.